Schipps Red Angus was established at Wagga Wagga in 1993. The first females came from a multi-vendor sale at Scone where we purchased a young heifer still on it's recip mother- the result of a fully imported embryo and for the top price of the sale- her offspring starting our famous Red Dove line. Also from this sale came an in-calf heifer from Nuage Stud - the beginning of our Red Wing family. So, two fairly large animals and the calf were loaded onto our 1 tonne four wheel drive and we headed back across the mountain range, dirt roads and steep tracks arriving back in Wagga at 2am- everyone safe.
Other carefully selected purchases and the use of the latest imported sires by AI, resulted in the herd building slowly to around 100 registered females now running on our new property ‘Glandore’, near Wagga.
Highlights over the years include:
- 1996 Purchasing Grand Champion Bull ($13,500) from Nuage Stud in partnership with Hicks Red Angus at Sydney Royal Show.
- 1997 Reserve Senior Champion Cow at Sydney Royal Show (old showground)- Red Dove.
- 1998 Supreme Black and Red Angus Exhibit at Canberra Royal Show – Red Dove.
- 2000 Grand Champion Bull Sydney Royal Show – Red Enforcer (at only 12months of age.)
- 2001 Senior Champion Bull Dubbo National Show – Red Enforcer. Along with many ribbon winners and good sales at this event over the years.
Schipps Red Angus continues to sell bulls and females to all states of Australia, both stud and commercial, with additional bull sales to Indonesia to be used for their AI programs, as well as selling females to China.
The Red Angus Society of Australia stands as the peak body for all Red Angus breeders
Schipp's Red Navigator N25 Champion Angus Bull (Black & Red) Cootamundra Show 2019
Red Dove 1998 Supreme Angus Exhibit (Black & Red)
Canberra Royal Show
Red Enforcer 2000 Grand Champion Bull (12 Months)
Sydney Royal Show